|November 08 Minutes|
|Saturday, 18 July 2009 13:46|
PARADISE COAST CHAPTER, NINETY-NINES
November 25, 2008
Present: Carolyn Skaggs, Kaye Tucker, Jessica Stearns, Cheryl Lynn Dratler, Debra Stone, Anne Miller, Rhonda Culmer, Patty Bittner-Berg, Judy Bowser, Terry Carbonell, Ellen Herr, Terri Krass, Lynne Graham, Anne Roethke.
1. The meeting was called to order at 5:40 pm by Chair Stearns.
2. Highlights of the previous meeting were read by the Secretary.
3. Secretary's report: Anne asked that members not talk all at once.
4. Treasurer's Report: Terri K. reported that there is $865.62 in our account as of the last bank statement. This does not include race items.
5. No guests were present.
6. a. Sunshine Derby. Terry reported that there were eight aircraft involved. Fifty or sixty people stayed for lunch and we sold several articles. Everyone had a good time. Proceeds from the Derby are designated for the Scholarship Fund. This was approved by the membership. b. Aviation Day. Judy reported that we made $100.75 on bakery and $140.00 from raffle tickets. The raffle tickets are missing. c. Membership. Short discussion.
7. Scholarship Committee: should meet in January and establish criteria and amount of scholarship, which will not be awarded until we have enough money.
8. New Business. a. Christmas Party. A list of food donations was circulated. Deb will send the address to all. b. Scout Merit Badge Day. Discussed. Tabled until January. c. Flying Companion Course. Discussed. Approved. A planning committee was appointed, consisting of Rhonda, Jessica, Judy and Patty. A March date is being considered. d. Terri K. suggested that a quorum be 25% of chapter members. This will require a by-laws change and will be voted on at the next meeting.
9. Section meetings. The next Southeast Section meeting will be in Pensacola in May, 2009. We are scheduled to host a section meeting in fall of 2010. Since we have several other activities scheduled around that time, we may have to request that it be changed to another time.
10. Nominatimg Committee. Anne R., Terri C., and Ellen volunteered to run and were elected, with Anne R. as chair. The slate will be presented in May and voted on in June. Ballots will be mailed. Current officers may run for another term. Term limits were discussed but considered unworkable for our small group.
Headquarters Dispatch. a. 99 Insurance. Categories of aircraft no longer excluded are helicopters, experimental aircraft, balloons and gliders as long as they have standart certification. b. Chapters no longer need to reapply for permission to use the 99 logo, and do not have to report chapter sales quarterly. c. Susan Larson requested input from the sections regarding how International can be more responsive to the sections and chapters. Categories are communication, technology, public relations and membership. d. Jessica has the criteria for International awards for anyone who wants to nominate someone who has made outstanding contributions to aviation or the Ninety-Nines. e. Stats. International membership is now 5284. The Southeast Section has 523 members. The largest section is Southwest with 1593 members. f. Headquarters needs file cabinets and is asking for monetary donations.
12. Race debriefing. To be done by e-mail next week.
13. The Board meeting will be at 4:30 pm be fore the January meeting.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:10 pm.
Anne Roethke, Secretary